4.30.2011

The Month of April...

This month was a tough one for me. I found myself in a slump most of this month but I seem to be making my way to happyville again, at least I hope.

Miles and AM both caught colds of which AM got an antibiotic and Miles restarted his nebulizers. Luckily both only lasted a few days. AM has started all three therapies (OT, PT, ST) this month, which has greatly contributed to my stress. Schedules are hectic these days and I always feel like every time I turn around I'm handing someone else money. I know this will get better when KATIE-BECKETT is approved. Therapy seems to be going well so far. We have been going to PT for a few weeks and I really like her therapist. She improves so much each week for PWS baby. OT opened my eyes to things I would have never considered. For example, tracking... I thought she was doing fairly well, I never thought about tracking in different positions such as sitting or side lying. Since we have become aware we have been working on that and she is improving pretty well. We just started ST (feeding therapy) this week and I'm hoping we will not move backward. We will just have to wait and see.

We celebrated AM's first EASTER this month too. Although she didn't participate much it was a nice week with family. Thursday we went to Miles' preschool Easter egg hunt. He could stay away from the pond. I guess I should be grateful he would rather throw rocks than eat candy. Sunday, Mitchell lead the Sunrise service (or SONrise as our church refers to it) so he missed our Easter morning fun. After church we headed to Thomaston to eat lunch and hang out with Mitchell's family then headed to mom and dad's for dinner. It was a busy but fun day. I hope Miles grasp "Jesus came back to life on Easter," more so than the easter bunny. We will have to wait and see.

AM turned 6 Months old on the 26th. I can't believe it has been that long ago. She has come so far and even though she has a long way to go I am so proud that she is as strong and healthy as she is.










2 comments:

  1. AM looks so great in these pictures! You're doing an amazing job! I'm praying for you guys. Lots of love, Hj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimey McClanahanMay 5, 2011 at 1:09 PM

    LOVE the pictures. AM seems like she has grown a lot since I saw her last!

    ReplyDelete